Fascinated By Fungi: Dr. Gordon A. Walker
Hi, my name is Gordon Walker and I LOVE MUSHROOMS! I have a PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from UC Davis. where my graduate research focused on wine microbiology, yeast physiology, and fermentation. A full list of my peer reviewed academic publications can be found on his Research Gate Profile.
After receiving my doctorate in 2016, I worked at Opus One Winery for two harvests, isolating wild yeast for wine production and establishing redox potential as process parameter for the wine industry. I continued to work along side and support the wine industry as a post-doctorate scholar with Dr. Ron Runnebaum at UC Davis. I am currently a board member for the Sonoma Mycology Association (SOMA). You can connect professionally with me via my LinkedIn Profile.
In addition to mushroom education, I also consult on a variety of wine, microbiology, and fermentation related projects, more information is available on GordonWalkerConsulting.com
Beyond my obsession with fungi, I enjoy cultivating succulents, gardening, cooking for friends, and spending quality time with my cat.
If you enjoy my content and want to see more, consider subscribing to my Patreon or send me a tip on Venmo/PayPal "FascinatedByFungi"
Media featuring Fascinated By Fungi
- UC Davis Alumni Profile: Fascinating Fungi with Dr. Fun Guy (Gordon Walker, ’16 Ph.D. Biochemistry, Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology)
Guest on Podcasts:
- SF Chronicle Extra Spicy Podcast with Soleil Ho: "Are Mushroom's Socialists? Inside the Mania on TikTok and More"
- "Ep. 19: Fascinated by Fungi - Foraged Cuisine, Science Communication & the Hidden Universe of Yeast (feat. Dr. Gordon Walker)" Welcome to Mushroom Hour Podcast
- "Fun with Fermentation and Yeast" An Interview with Dr. Gordon Walker by the Mushroom Revival Podcast
Featured By Major Media Outlets:
- Time lapse footage of Dog Vomit Slime Mold - Fuligo septica posted on the Discovery Channel (Instagram)
"In The Know" Compilation Video